I love a sweet “thanks for being so wonderful” card. They have the best impact when the recipient isn’t expecting them – just an “eeeee” moment. Today, I’m excited to share a soft and sweet card that features both rich and soft pinks. Balanced out with a base of Crumb Cake, this card is a perfect way to say “thank you” to someone who makes you happy. This week’s Freshly Made Sketches challenge gave me the perfect starting point for this sweet card:
And here’s Kim Singdahlsen’s sketch that inspired my card:
Tips, Tricks and Reminders
- Love Me. I adore this combination of these images – the thatched background stamp with the gorgeous, scrolled flourish come together to create a soft, sweet texture on this card. You know me, and you know I adore the font of this beautiful and perfect sentiment. Love, love, love. Add the sweet colors and the tiny, quirky heart from the Owl Builder punch, and it all comes together perfectly.
- Kiss Me. The image that cascades in from the top, left corner of this card is a combination of two colors and two stamp sets: the thatched background from You’ve Got This is stamped in Pink Pirouette, and the flourish from Timeless Textures is stamped in Rose Red. How did I get them together? Well, that’s easy – I used the kissing technique. Here’s a step-by-step explanation of how I created this look, followed by a video I made last year to share this fun technique:
- Ink the thatched background from You’ve Got This in Pink Pirouette.
- Ink the flourish from Timeless Textures in Rose Red.
- Stamp the flourish onto the thatched background over and over, reinking the flourish with each stamp.
- Stamp the thatched image on Whisper White cardstock.
- Color Combination. I don’t usually make very pink cards outside of Valentine’s Day. While this one has a Valentine’s Day appeal to it, I’m not sending it to a love interest – I mailed it to a dear friend. The Crumb Cake panel helps to ground the pinks, don’t you think? If you like these colors, too, feel free to save this:
Stamp Sets: You’ve Got This, Timeless Textures, Timeless Love Papers: Crumb Cake, Rose Red, Pink Pirouette, Whisper White Inks: Pink Pirouette, Rose Red, VersaMark Accessories: White Stampin’ Emboss Powder, Heat Tool, 2″ Circle puncn, Owl Builder punch, Stampin’ Dimensionals
I hope you’ll pop over to the Freshly Made Sketches site to see the cards by the design team members and to play along with this week’s challenge.
Thanks for stopping by today!