Many of my Stampin’ Up! team members (not just those with blogs) share their gorgeous projects in our team’s Facebook community – there’s such amazing and inspiring creativity in this group! I’m always excited when my team’s blog hop rolls around, though, because I get to share some of their amazing work with you. I’m just as excited to see their projects as you are, and I am proud to share them with you.
Welcome to InKing Royalty’s May Blog Hop! As Stampin’ Up! demonstrators, we’ve already been able to order some fun, new products from the upcoming 2016 Annual Catalog. What a thrill! Today’s Blog Hop is filled with inspiring projects that feature sneak peeks of projects from the new catalog. After you read my post, I hope you’ll hop over to the next person on the list at the base of this post.
Moroccan Nights & Designer Tin of Cards
For today’s project, I’m showcasing a super-fun card I made that features two new stamp sets (Moroccan Nights and Designer Tin of Cards), two new In Colors (Dapper Denim and Emerald Envy) and a new set of framelits (Layering Squares Framelits). I didn’t realize how many new items I had used until I typed all that out! Yippee! Here’s my festive 5-1/2″ x 5-1/2″ card:
- Moroccan Nights. The Moroccan Nights stamp set features some fun lanterns and a gorgeous medallion that’s just begging to be the centerpiece on your next card. It’s lacy and bold and fun (if you missed the first card I made with this gorgeous medallion, you can see it here). Rather than showcase the full design of this medallion on this card, I stamped it multiple times in three colors – Dapper Denim, Emerald Envy and Rose Red – and cropped them with a 1-5/8″ square from the Layering Squares Framelits dies. This transforms this pattern into a beautiful, colorful tile. Don’t you love it?
- Celebrate Your Day. These colors and this pattern are a party by themselves – they just scream “fiesta!” – don’t you think? This scrolly “celebrate your day” sentiment from Designer Tin of Cards, then, seemed like the perfect finish to this fun design. There’s a new Tin of Cards kit in the upcoming catalog, and this is the set that coordinates with the kit. So many great sentiments that can be used for almost any card and any occasion.
- Color Combination. As I mentioned about, this card also showcases two new In Colors – Dapper Denim and Emerald Envy. While the bold blue and rich green pair well together, the softness of Rose Red pulls them together perfectly. If you like these colors together, too, feel free to save this:
Stamp Sets: Moroccan Nights, Designer Tin of Cards Papers: Dapper Denim, Emerald Envy, Whisper White, Thick Whisper White Inks: Dapper Denim, Emerald Envy, Rose Red Accessories: 2-1/2″ Circle punch, Circles Collection Framelits, Layering Squares Framelits, Stampin’ Dimensionals
Thank you for stopping by today. I hope you’ll hop along to the next stop on the blog hop, Shawn de Oliveira at ShawnStamps. There’s lots of inspiration to be found in this group – and you don’t want to miss it!
Thank you for hopping along with us. If you get stuck during the Blog Hop, please use this line-up as a guide:
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Shawn de Oliveira at ShawnStamps
- Natalie Bradley at NatalieBradley.com
- Robin Myren at Songbird Designs by Robin
- Karen Browning at StampWithMeKZB
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Becky Volpp at Ink Blossom with Becky
- Lory Robinson at The Robin’s Nest Designs
- Jennifer Spiller at Westside Paper Creations