At last week’s OnStage event in Atlanta, Stampin’ Up! demonstrators were able to preview the 2017 Occasions Catalog (runs January 4 through May 31) and the 2017 Sale-a-Bration brochure (runs January 4 – March 31). Both books are filled with amazing, new products that will surely make it to your “must have” list. The Falling in Love Suite is filled with gorgeous papers, ribbons, embellishments and stamps that are perfect for weddings and anniversaries. The suite has a vintage feel and is made with sweet colors. Demonstrators who attended the event were able to early-order select items. Today’s card for the Global Design Project showcases the Falling in Love Designer Series Paper. Here’s my card:
- Combining Sentiments. “Wishing you hope” seems like a fitting sentiment for these times. I can think of a lot of people who might appreciate a little pick-me-up and a reminder that we need to be the positive change we want to see in the world. By combining a printed-font “wishing you” from Holly Jolly Wishes with the gorgeously scripted “hope” from Sunshine Wishes Thinlits Dies, I created the exact sentiment I wanted to convey. There are so many great sentiment sets that give us great starters and can be combined with other sentiments to say exactly what we want them to say. Here’s a quick list of some sets you might want to take a look at (I’ve included these sets in the product listing at the end of this post):
- Holly Jolly Greetings: #139882
- Endless Birthday Wishes: #140273
- Crazy About You: #137137
- Thoughtful Banners: #141614
- Sunsine Sayings: #141594
- Layering Tips. I love the offset panels in this sketch. I created two rectangles with the Falling in Love Designer Series Paper and glued them together before adding them to the card base. That way, I could make sure the focal panel would be straight with the card base. My panels were trimmed to be a little smaller that I had planned, which left a large border of Sahara Sand around the panels. I didn’t want to cut more of my paper, so I added a thin border of Whisper White and Sahara Sand to the card – gave me a perfect, but not distracting, frame around my pages. I cropped the white strip with “wishing you” to extend half-way across the focal panel – can you believe that extends to the center of that panel? It doesn’t look like it in the picture, but it extends half-way across the paper.
- Sweet Colors. The pages in the Falling in Love Designer Series Paper pack are filled with soft, sweet colors. This bokeh – not sure if it’s a photo or an artistic rendering of soft lights – contains three of the primary colors in the papers – Blushing Bride, Soft Sky and Sahara Sand. What a gorgeous combination! If you like these colors together, too, feel free to save this:
Stamp Sets: Holly Jolly Greetings Papers: Falling in Love Designer Series Paper, Sahara Sand, Blushing Bride, Whisper White Inks: Archival Basic Black Accessories: Sunshine Wishes Thinlits Dies, Stampin’ Dimensionals
I hope you’ll pop over to the Global Design Project site to see the cards by the design team members and to play along with this week’s challenge.
Thanks for stopping by today!