It wasn’t until I was finished with today’s card that I realized I had used a loooooong list of new products. They all seem to fit together here like they all come from the same suite of products. Ready for the list? If you have studied the Occasions Catalog, you might be able to pick out each of these products. I used Succulent Garden Designer Series Paper, Build It Framelits Dies, Beautiful You stamp set, Special Reason stamp set, Stylish Stems Framelits Dies, Swirly Scribbles Thinlits Dies. Can you see them all? Here’s my card:
Tips, Tricks and Reminders
- Succulent Garden Designer Series Paper. How gorgeous is this Succulent Garden Designer Series Paper! The papers feature beautiful designs with succulent plants and great patterns in Sweet Sugarplum, Old Olive, Mint Macaron, Tip Top Taupe and Calypso Coral. So many beautiful papers! I chose three pages – the full page of colorful succulents and the two gingham patterns (one in Sweet Sugarplum and one in Tip Top Taupe). I tried a couple of other patterns, but I love the simplicity of the combination of these three patterns. With three patterns, there’s never a place where one hexagon touches another hexagon with the same exact pattern.
- Dimensions. This panel of hexagons was cropped with the hexagon die from the Build It Framelits Dies and Succulent Garden Designer Series Paper. What a beautiful collection of colors, don’t you think? I originally thought my panel of hexagons would be a strip on a larger card, but the card called to me and asked me to make it small and tall. It’s really creepy when cards talk to me. Since this card has some unique dimensions (it was super-easy to make an envelope with my Envelope Punch Board), I thought I’d share the measurements with you. From the base of the card, working our way up, here are the layer measurements for this card:
- Sweet Sugarplum – 3-1/2″ x 5-1/2″ (Gladstone-sized card)
- Tip Top Taupe – 2-7/8″ x 5-1/8″
- Succulent Garden Hexagons on a Whisper White base – 2-3/4″ x 5″
- Band – cropped from Swirly Scribbles Thinlits Dies
- Thick Whisper – cropped with die from Stylish Stems Framelits Dies
- Sweet Color Combination. While there are several gorgeous colors in this paper, my card primarily features Sweet Sugarplum, Tip Top Taupe and Old Olive. What an unexpectedly gorgeous combination. If you like it, too, feel free to save this as a later reminder:
Stamp Sets: Beautiful You, Special Reason Papers: Succulent Garden Designer Series Paper, Tip Top Taupe, Sweet Sugarplum, Thick Whisper White Inks: Tip Top Taupe, Archival Basic Black Accessories: Stylish Stems Framelits Dies, Swirly Scribbles Thinlits Dies, Build It Framelits Dies, Envelope Punch Board, Stampin’ Dimensionals
Don’t Forget! The Year-End Closeout Sale ends today, January 3. When the Occasions Catalog launches tomorrow, January 4, you’ll no longer be able to purchase some of the retiring items and sale items. One of the items that’s currently on sale is the Swirly Scribbles Thinlits Dies, which I used as the band on this card. Swirly Scribbles is currently marked 30% off – from $27 to $18.90. Don’t miss it!
To see all of the items that are currently on sale (but that won’t be available tomorrow), click on the banner below:
Occasions Catalog Product Shares. Today is also the last day to sign up for my Occasions Catalog Product Shares and Designer Series Paper Swatch Books – the product will all be ordered tomorrow morning. There’s no better way to get a little bit of each paper, ribbon and embellishment at a small price. 🙂 If you’d like learn more, please click here.