This week’s Global Design Project challenge is a CASE (Copy and Share Everything) of a super-sweet project by Design Team Member Krista Frattin. Krista used a polka-dot treat bag to create a soft, neutral card front. I love the overall look of her project and enjoyed the chalenge of keeping my project soft and sweet. Here’s my card to honor my friend Krista:
- CASEing Krista. I love when the CASE challenges roll around – especially when I don’t feel challenged and, instead, feel inspired to create a project. Here are the ways I CASEd Krista’s beautiful card:
- I kept a primarily-neutral backdrop. Krista used Sahara Sand, and I used Crumb Cake.
- I adorned my back panel with polka-dots.
- I added a thin band across the top third of the card.
- Like Krista, I used a kind sentiment as the focal sentiment of my card.
- I added a single flower – although mine is much bigger than Krista’s.
- Whisper White Craft Ink. I’ve used my Whisper White Craft ink more in the past few months than in the four or five years before. I mostly use it with White Stampin’ Emboss Powder to give a great base. For this card, though, I stamped the large circles from Happy Celebrations in the background. My ink pad needed to be reinked, but I was lazy – so I just stamped them twice, which gave the circles a little roughness that’s quite beautiful. I used the same circle to stamp over the flower die from the Timeless Tags Thinlits to give them a softer, sweeter look. Here’s the thing – you have to plan ahead when you use Craft ink in its raw form (like the stamped circles that aren’t then embossed with powder). The craft inks dry very slowly. If you don’t want to run your Heat Tool on a low setting for a loooong time, then plan to let the ink dry overnight (or longer if you have time).
- Building the Flower. I love how this flower turned out, and it was really fun to make. The Timeless Tags Thinlits Dies are an understated product in Stampin’ Up!’s 2017 Occasions Catalog. What gorgeous images and tags you can make with this fun bundle. Here’s a look at this amazing bundle:
Have you ever thought you look great and then look into mirror that captures a zoomed-in, close-up view of your face? Here’s a dangerous close-up view of the flower: And a step-by-step guide for how I created the flower:
- I cropped a Crumb Cake base with the oval Framelit from Timeless Tags.
- I cropped a Crumb Cake flower outline with the Thinlits die from the same set.
- I used the same Thinlits Die to crop the flower with Soft Sky, Whisper White, So Saffron and Pear Pizzazz cardstock.
- I carefully popped out the So Saffron, Soft Sky and Pear Pizzazz dies (keeping them in one piece) and stamped over them with the Whisper White Craft Ink and the circle stamp from Happy Celebrations.
- I glued the Crumb Cake outline to the Crumb Cake oval.
- I popped out the corresponding inside pieces and glued them inside the frame.
- I jumped up and down for 15 minutes. NO! I didn’t – and I exaggerated that a bit in yesterday’s post.
Stamp Sets: Bunch of Blossoms, Happy Celebrations Papers: Crumb Cake, Whisper White, So Saffron, Pear Pizzazz, Soft Sky Inks: Whisper White Craft, Archival Basic Black Accessories: Timeless Tags Thinlits Dies, Stampin’ Dimensionals
I hope you’ll pop over to the Global Design Project site to see the cards by the design team members and to play along with this week’s challenge.
Thanks for stopping by today!
It’s Sale-a-Bration time! Between January 4 and March 31, you can earn exclusive Sale-a-Bration products with every $50 you spend on the products you already want. Does it get any better than that?!
To learn more about Sale-a-Bration and other ways you can win big during Sale-a-Bration, click here.