As many of you know who follow me on Facebook, I was in Tuscon last week for an AMAZING retreat with other Stampin’ Up! Demonstrators. What fun! Lisa Pretto, InkBig Academy, threw a big party (all the important work felt like a party) at Mary Fish’s new home. We were in the lap of luxury.
There was a small card swap at the event. I didn’t think I’d be able to pull something together in time, but I pulled out a win during the last minutes before heading to the airport. What I didn’t do? I didn’t get pictures of my sweet-and-simple cards before heading to Arizona, so I had to take pictures from the balcony of my hotel room. Here’s my card:
- Sweet Cupcake Bundle. While the Sweet Cupcake stamp might look a little abstract at first glance, the giant cupcake builds perfectly and is a wonderful accent for a card front. The sentiments that accompany this cupcake are really great, too, and can be used with other images. Don’t forget to check out the Framelits that accompany this set – two great Thinlits words (“sweet” and “wish”) and some great accents (look at that cute curly-cue die!). I didn’t use the Framelits here (remember – I was short on time). I just used my handy MISTI stamp positioned to line up one and then quickly stamp the rest. Here’s a look at this fun bunde:
- Build-a-Cupcake. There are so many ways to build a beautiful cupcake with this stamp set – each piece layers right on top of the others to make you look like you spent all day. Just look how festive the three cupcakes are in the sample above – what fun! I used a combination of colors that worked perfectly for my card – a pink mound of icing and a cupcake liner that matched my Designer Series Paper to a “t”. Here are the ink colors I used to build my cupcake:
- Pink Pirouette (the largest image of the cupcake top)
- Blushing Bride
- Flirty Flamingo (the smallest image of the cupcake top)
- Sahara Sand (the largest image of the cupcake base)
- Smoky Slate
- Basic Gray (the smallest image of the cupcake base)
- A Bunch of Sweet Cupcakes. Since I had 10 finished cards, I needed to create my infinity shot for you. With just 10 and a little bit of time to get these cards photographed, I simply tossed them on the marble table on my hotel patio and snapped the photo. Not to take away from the mystery of the photo, but the center card is lifted up by the small (and clean) ashtray from the table. Yay!
Stamp Sets: Sweet Cupcake, Suite Sentiments Papers: Flirty Flamingo, Basic Gray, Whisper White Inks: Pink Pirouette, Blushing Bride, Flirty Flamingo, Sahara Sand, Smoky Slate, Archival Basic Gray Accessories: Layering Circles Framelits Dies, Stampin’ Dimensionals
Come back! This weekend I’ll be sharing the cards I received when I traded these out! You won’t want to miss that parade of beauties.
Thanks for stopping by today!
It’s Sale-a-Bration time! Between January 4 and March 31, you can earn exclusive Sale-a-Bration products with every $50 you spend on the products you already want. Does it get any better than that?!
To learn more about Sale-a-Bration and other ways you can win big during Sale-a-Bration, click here.
New Sale-a-Bration Options. Did you see the new Sale-a-Bration items that were announced this week? THREE new options will be available starting February 21. What fun! Please CLICK HERE to see those new items.