With Fall, Christmas and Valentine’s Day behind us, it’s time to start thinking about fun cards for Spring. My go-to colors have shifted from reds and greens in December to reds and pinks in February. Now, I’m reaching for yellows, greens and oranges. How refreshing and fun! Here’s a sweet, notecard-sized (3-1/2″ x 5″) thank you card I made for this week’s CAS(E) This Sketch challenge:
- A Fun Find. I’m just beside myself over the “fun find” of how perfectly the glass of lemonade from A Good Day stamp set pairs with this fun sentiment from Bubble Over. What fun! The addition of Tutti-Frutti 6″ x 6″ Designer Series Paper makes these elements even MORE refreshing – who would have thunk it? Here’s a look at the sweet images in the A Good Day stamp set:
How cute are these little images? While this stamp set is paired in the 2018 Occasions Catalog with two scallop circle punches, it works wonderfully with the Starburst Punch, too! The sentiment is pulled from the Bubble Over stamp set – “your kindness is most refreshing” definitely describes this ade and the bright, citrus colors in the Tutti-Frutti 6″ x 6″ Designer Series Paper. Here’s a look at the fun patterns and colors in this stack of papers:
- Layering. As clean as this card appears, it’s certainly not simple. This little note offers up a variety of colors and patterns that are comprised of 8 layers of cardstock. Here’s a quick reference guide for the layers on this card, starting with the base and working my way up to the sentiment:
- Thick Whisper White – 3-1/2″ x 10″ (scored at 5″)
- Basic Gray – 3″ x 4-1/4″
- Tutti Frutti 6″ x 6″ Designer Series Paper – 2-7/8″ x 4-1/8″
- Basic Gray – 1-5/8″ x 3-13/16″
- Tutti Frutti 6″ x 6″ Designer Series Paper – 1-1/2″ x 3-3/4″
- Pumpkin Pie – Starburst punch
- Basic Gray – Layering Circles Framelits Dies
- Whisper White – 1-3/4″ Circle punch
- Spring Colors. These oranges and yellows scream “Spring” to me – and what’s better on a warm, Spring day than a glass of iced lemonade? The bright and cheery colors for this card were pulled right from the Tutti-Frutti 6″ x 6″ Designer Series Paper. I usually stamp sentiments with Basic Black, but I used Basic Gray here to give a softer touch to the words and the border layers. If you like this combination of Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie and Peekaboo Peach, please save this:
Stamp Sets: A Good Day, Bubble Over Papers: Tutti-Frutti 6″ x 6″ Designer Series Paper, Basic Gray, Pumpkin Pie, Thick Whisper White, Whisper White Inks: Archival Basic Gray, Stampin’ Write Markers (Daffodil Delight, Peekaboo Peach) Accessories: Starburst punch, 1-3/4″ Circle punch, Layering Circles Framelits Dies, Stampin’ Dimensionals
I hope you’ll pop over to the CAS(E) This Sketch site to see the cards by the design team members and to play along with this week’s challenge.
Thanks for stopping by today!
Have you ever thought about being a demonstrator? Now is a GREAT time to become a Royal. Here’s what you can get with your Starter Kit when you join during Sale-a-Bration:
- With your $99 Starter Kit, you get $125 of product (your choice) with FREE SHIPPING.
- During Sale-a-Bration, you earn 2 free stamp sets (your choice) at any price. That’s a HUGE bonus!
- You will save 20% on everything you buy straight out of the gate (with an opportunity to save more).
- You have access to sneak peeks and early product releases.
- You get to be a part of our incredible online community. <3
I love our group and would love to introduce you to them. This is such a great opportunity for you to join or re-join. If you have questions, please email me. I’m happy to set up a call to chat with you about this amazing opportunity. You can JOIN NOW or EMAIL ME.