Welcome to the Pals March 2018 Blog Hop. Our theme this month is “Spring has Sprung”. The Stampin’ Pretty Pals will inspire you with Spring or Spring-related projects. You may see floral, Easter or other general Spring-inspired designs. You may be just starting or hopped over from another Pal. In either case you’ll find the line-up toward the end of my post to help you move along.
For today’s hop, I’ve created a fun picnic basket, filled with surprises that are perfect for a lovely Spring day! Who doesn’t love to pack a delicious lunch and sit in the sun (or under the shade of a tree) for a nice meal outdoors? I used fun elements from Stampin’ Up!’s Picnic with You Bundle to create my basket of goodies and the Myths & Magic Specialty Designer Series Paper to set the mood for this fun picnic. Enjoy!
Here’s my card:
Tips, Tricks and Reminders
- Picnic with You Bundle. The Picnic with You Bundle was part of my first order from Stampin’ Up!’s 2018 Occasions Catalog. So many fun images and ways to showcase this basket. You can fill the basket with food or with flowers – let’s hear it for great options! Here’s a look at this super-fun bundle:
It wasn’t until I started playing with the set, though, that I thought it would be fun to put the flower in the wine bottle. Such fun! I masked the leaves on the base of the flower to shorten the length of the flower stems a bit. This “new size” works best with the bottle.
- Setting the Springtime Mood. I knew I didn’t want to stamp my flower stem and sentiment on patterned cardstock, but I wanted to set the mood of a warm, Spring day. What to do, what to do?! I decided to let the background panel of my card set the tone. With a panel of cloudy blue sky from Myths & Magic Specialty Designer Series Paper, I created a backdrop for this focal panel. Here’s a look at this amazing pack of fun papers: I added layers of grass with the the Picnic Basket Builder Framelits Dies and Emerald Envy cardstock. Love this grassy die! I’ll tell you a secret, though – The grass doesn’t extend beneath the main panel on my card – I just added grass below and on the sides. Who’s got time to crop and layer a bunch of grass that’s going to get covered up?
- Color Combination. It’s tricky to work with green and red without looking like Christmas. This scene, though, is FAR from Christmas in the United States so I was comfortable with the combination. Plus, the Pool Party breaks up the Christmas vibe. If you like this combination, too, please save this:
Thank you so much for hopping with the Stampin’ Pretty Pals today. Please take a minute to mark your calendar for our next hop on April 11, 2018 for our Family First Hop. Now hop along using the Blog Hop Line-up below. Don’t forget to leave us a comment. We really like that.
Blog Hop Line-up:
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Rae Harper-Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Corinne Blake at The Creative Compendium
- Linda Suarez at All Night Stamping
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Debbie Mageed at Secret Stamper
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Jennifer Spiller at Westside Paper Creations
- Nina King at Ink Paper Sequins
- Rosanne Mulhern at Heartfelt Stamping
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stampin’ Habit!
- Sara Hicks Stuart at Sentiments by Sara
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
Here are the products I used to create today’s Spring-inspired project:
Bundles: Picnic with You Bundle Stamp Sets: Picnic with You Papers: Myths & Magic Specialty Designer Series Paper, Crumb Cake, Emerald Envy, Real Red, Thick Whisper White Inks: Crumb Cake, Real Red, Fresh Fig, Emerald Envy, Flirty Flamingo Accessories: Picnic Basket Builder Framelits Dies, Stampin’ Dimensionals
Thanks for stopping by today!
MAKE THE MOST OF SALE-A-BRATION
Are you looking for ways to maximize your Sale-a-Bration rewards before the end of Stampin’ Up!’s big sales event? Click on the logo above (or click here) to make sure you’re maximizing the benefits. I want you to earn big! <3