Many of my Stampin’ Up! team members (not only those with blogs) share their gorgeous projects in our team’s Facebook community – there’s such amazing and inspiring creativity in this group! I’m always excited when my team’s blog hop rolls around, though, because I get to share some of their amazing work with you. I’m just as excited to see their projects as you are, and I am proud to share them with you.
Welcome to InKing Royalty’s March Blog Hop! Today’s hop is filled to the brim with projects that celebrate Spring and Summer. With inspiration from Katrina & the Waves’ song “Walking on Sunshine,” we’ve created projects that share the joy and excitement that accompany warmer weather. We are excited to share our projects with you. After you read my post, I hope you’ll hop over to the next person on the list at the base of this post.
When life gives you lemons…make lemonade. We all know how that saying resolves, right? With Stampin’ Up!’s Lemon Zest stamp set, we have a couple more endings – “chuck them right back” and “squeeze it for all it’s worth!” For today’s card, I created my own resolve to the saying. Here’s my card:
Tips, Tricks and Reminders
- Three Great Bundles. Does it get any “sunshinier” than Daffodil Delight and a lemonade stand? Today’s project features two great bundles – one from Stampin’ Up!’s 2017 Annual Catalog, and two from Stampin’ Up!’s 2018 Occasions Catalog. While we still don’t know if these products will carry forward into the 2018 Annual Catalog, we DO know that the bundled pricing for both will go away at the end of the current catalog period. The sentiment and lemon-filled background of this card are stamped with the Lemon Zest Bundle – here’s a look:
The little lemonade is created with the snack card in Let the Good Times Roll Bundle from the 2018 Occasions Catalog. This bundle wasn’t originally on my list (I’m probably not going to make a pop-up roller coaster), but I think the images are really cute. Glad I had it when this idea popped into my head. Here’s a look at the Let the Good Times Roll Bundle:
You might not initially see how the Barn Door Bundle plays a role in this card, but it’s there! The rectangular focal point of the card is cropped with the door from the Barn Door Bundle – how easy! You don’t NEED the bundle to cut that panel, but it’s sure nice to have. 🙂 Here’s a look at the Barn Door Bundle:
Remember – the bundled pricing for all three of these will go away at the end of each of these catalogs. If you want them, get them now! 🙂
- Paper-Piecing. I had lots of fun building the colors on my super-sweet lemonade stand. Since the image is not a builder image, I stamped the image multiple times and paper-pieced the cart just how I wanted. Here’s how I built my lemonade stand:
- I stamped the cart with Soft Suede ink on Whisper White cardstock and cropped it with the Framelits from the Barn Door Bundle.
- I stamped the cart twice (once with Flirty Flamingo and once with Daffodil Delight on Whisper White cardstock).
- I snipped the awning from the Flirty Flamingo image and the cups from the Daffodil Delight image.
- I glued the awning and cups onto the Soft Suede image. With tiny images, it’s easier to put the glue on the image rather than on the tiny piece you are gluing down.
- I punched a heart from the Cookie Cutter Builder punch with Flirty Flamingo cardstock and glued it to the front of the cart.
- Bright and Cheery Colors. Even though there’s not a lot of yellow on the focal panel of this card, Daffodil Delight plays a huge roll in happiness conveyed here. Flirty Flamingo also plays into the joy on this card. If you like this combination of Daffodil Delight, Flirty Flamingo and Soft Suede, please save this:
Bundles: Lemon Zest, Let the Good Times Roll, Barn Door Stamp Sets: Lemon Zest, Let the Good Times Roll Papers: Daffodil Delight, Flirty Flamingo, Basic Black, Whisper White Inks: Daffodil Delight, Flirty Flamingo, Soft Suede, Basic Black Accessories: Sliding Door Framelits Dies, Paper Snips, Stampin’ Dimensionals
Thank you for stopping by today. I hope you’ll hop along to the next stop on the blog hop, Candy Ford at Stamp Candy. There’s lots of inspiration to be found in this group – and you don’t want to miss it!
Thanks for stopping by!
Thank you for hopping along with us. If you get stuck during the Blog Hop, please use this line-up as a guide:
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy
- Imogene Thomas at MomoMakes.com
- Lisa Pretto at Ink Big Academy Stamps
- Robbye Hamilton at Miss Hammie’s Crafts
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Robin Myren at Songbird Designs by Robin
- Nina King at InkPaperSequins
- Shawn de Oliveira at Shawn Stamps
- Pam Morris at Tap Tap Stamp
- Denise Hoepfner at The Mountain Magpie
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie
- Rachael Shedeed at Bluebonnet Stampin’
- Jennifer Spiller at Westside Paper Creations
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery