As soon as my Springtime Impressions Thinlits Dies arrived, I had to cut out this gorgeous butterfly! These Thinlits are part of the Garden Impressions Suite in Stampin’ Up!’s 2018 Annual Catalog and are a must-have product. Here’s my card for this week’s Global Design Project Color Challenge:
- Garden Impressions. The Garden Impressions Suite features some really beautiful products with beautiful images, colors and textures. If you’d like to check out all of the products in this suite, you can click here: The butterfly die I used from the Springtime Impressions Thinlits Dies which are part of the Abstract Impressions Bundle. I can’t tell you how much I love this stamp set – and the coordinating dies are amazing! If they aren’t on your wishlist, then take another look because they deserve to be there. Here’s a look at this bundle:
- Just a Touch. I used the large paint splatter image from Touches of Texture to ink these three bright colors behind the butterfly – a splatter of Pumpkin Pie, a splatter of Rich Razzleberry and a (stamped-off-twice) splatter or Real Red. There’s just a touch of these colors to add texture behind the beautiful butterfly. Why did I stamp off the Real Red twice before stamping on this paper? There’s no better way to look like a violent murder happened than to splatter red all over the page. EVEN if red is the theme, it can look like something you’d see on CSI or Dexter.
- Mini Dimensional Placement. I cropped my butterfly from Shimmery White so it would be sturdy enough to pop up on the front of the card. That didn’t feel like a challenge until it was time to pop it up. If I just added dimensionals to the center of the butterfly, it would teeter-totter back and forth. I used one Mini Stampin’ Dimensional on the body of the butterfly and then trimmings from the sides of the Mini Dimensionals. Here’s how they were positioned on the back of my butterfly:
Stamp Sets: Big Wishes, Touches of Texture Papers: Smoky Slate, Shimmery White Inks: Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Rich Razzleberry, Jet Black Stazon Accessories: Springtime Impressions Thinlits Dies, Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals, Stampin’ Dimensionals
I hope you’ll pop over to the Global Design Project to see the cards by the design team members and to play along with this week’s challenge.
Thanks for stopping by today!
You’ve been saving up for this new catalog (I respect you so much for that), and I want to help you make the most of the money you are ready to spend. For two weeks, I’m offering bundled pricing on some Brian-bundled Color Collections. There’s no better way to save on the new colors so you can get even more.
- 2018-2020 In Color All-in Bundle
- 2018-2020 In Color Basics Bundle
- Just the New Colors Bundle
- Brights Bundle
- Subtles Bundle
- Regals Bundle
- Neutrals Bundle
To see what items are included in each bundle and to place your order, CLICK HERE.
Placing an order today? Of course you are! If you are placing an order for $150 or more, I want you to enjoy all of the Host Rewards you have earned. If your order is less than $150, I’d love for you please add this Host Code – 6CABJTTX – when prompted. Thank you!