I’m excited to share today’s card – it inspired me to break open my Twinkle Twinkle Designer Series Paper and ink up my Another Wonderful Year stamp set. My card simple, sweet card is inspired by Amy O’Neill’s sketch for this week’s Freshly Made Sketches challenge. I love online challenges that give me a great starting point for many of the cards I share with you. Here’s my card:
And here’s the sketch for Amy’s Freshly Made Sketches challenge that inspired my card:
- Another Wonderful Year & Twinkle Twinkle. This card features one of my Favorite Things from Stampin’ Up!’s 2018 Annual Catalog – the Another Wonderful Year sentiment stamp set. So many people (I’m guilty of this, too) are drawn to the images in our gorgeous stamp sets, but you can easily build a card around a perfect sentiment. Here’s a look at this awesome, must-have stamp set: I’ve included links to all of my Favorite Things at the base of this post if you want to read more. If I could pick a favorite piece of Designer Series Paper from all the papers in this year’s catalog (and I CAN because I make the rules on this blog), I’d have to say it’s this gorgeous, watercolored panel of Night of Navy sky. It’s both sophisticated and fun! Here’s a look at all the colors and patterns in the Twinkle Twinkle Designer Series Paper: To see similar graphics for all of the new Designer Series Papers, CLICK HERE.
- Play. While Freshly Made Sketches gave me the overall sketch for my card, I played with different colors and patterns until I got the layers I wanted. I cut into a couple different pages of paper and layered several colors of cardstock in a variety of patterns until I landed on the combination I liked the most. That was the fun of it – coming up with the combination I liked the most. Every day I receive an email that asks me for the measurements on a card I’ve made. I love the “playing” part of this craft and encourage you to play around to get the exact look you want. That’s where the joy lies for me – by being unafraid to make errors, I think I can make a better card every time. <3
- Color Combination. I’ve been using Smoky Slate a lot lately. Not sure why that is, but I’m really loving the tone it offers – it’s somewhere between casual (like cold concrete) and formal (like a muted silver). This combination of Smoky Slate, Pool Party and Night of Navy makes me so happy – if you like it, too, please save this:
Stamp Sets: Another Wonderful Year Papers: Twinkle Twinkle Designer Series Paper, Pool Party, Smoky Slate, Night of Navy, Thick Whisper White Inks: Basic Black Accessories: Sunshine Wishes Thinlits Dies, Stampin’ Dimensionals
If you’d like to take a look at all of the products in the Twinkle Twinkle Suite of products, click on the banner below:
I hope you’ll pop over to the Freshly Made Sketches site to see the cards by the design team members and to play along with this week’s challenge.
Thanks for stopping by today!
My Favorite Things. Want to see what I love most in this amazing book? Maybe you’ve missed something or maybe I can help you to pare down your wish list? Be sure to check out both days and let me know what you think! Click on the links below to review my list of Favorite Things:
- My Favorite Things from Stampin’ Up!’s 2018 Annual Catalog – Day One
- My Favorite Things from Stampin ‘Up!’s 2018 Annual Catalog – Day Two