Are we already half-way through 2018?! How did that happen? With July 4 just a week away, I am happy to share a sweet-and-simple patriotic card inspired by Donna Mikasa’s sketch for this week’s Freshly Made Sketches challenge. It’s got everything a Fourth of July card should have – stars, stripes and the red, white and blue. Here’s my card:
- Celebrate. I don’t comment on politics or religion on my blog because I want my posts to be a pleasant retreat where we can immerse ourselves in our shared love of paper crafting. Regardless of your personal views on politics today (and I’m happy for both of us to keep our personal views to ourselves), all Americans agree on one thing – we live in an incredible country that can both suffer and heal at the same time. We can never forget the parts of our journey as a country that make us strong, loving people – and we need to ALWAYS learn from our short history so that we can maneuver around the pitfalls of our past (or figure out how to reduce the pain from inevitable pitfalls). We need less rebuking and more celebrating. Tabs for Everything helped me celebrate – it has everything. Here’s a look at Tabs for Everything:
- Twinkle Twinkle. Twinkle Twinkle sounds like the perfect name for a Christmas-themed paper, don’t you think? Here’s a look at colors and patterns in the Twinkle Twinkle Designer Series Paper:I’ve created similar graphics for all of the new Designer Series Papers – you can see them here. Here’s a look at the Blueberry Bushel patterns in the pack of 2018-2020 In Color 6″ x 6″ Designer Series Papers:
- Patriotic Color Combination. We have so many blues and reds that can appeal to your patriotic side. I love Pool Party as an accent to the crisp, bright red, white and blue, so this paper from Twinkle Twinkle Designer Series Paper (with a Pool Party background and Whisper White stars) was exactly what I wanted for my July 4 celebration. If you love this combination of Pool Party, Blueberry Bushel and Real Red as much as I do, please save this for future reference:
Stamp Sets: Tabs for Everything Papers: Twinkle Twinkle Designer Series Paper, 2018-2020 In Color 6″ x 6″ Designer Series Paper (Blueberry Bushel), Blueberry Bushel, Pool Party, Real Red, Thick Whisper White Inks: Basic Black Accessories: Wood Crate Framelits Dies, 1-1/4″ Circle punch, Layering Circles Framelits Dies, Stampin’ Dimensionals
I hope you’ll pop over to the CAS(E) This Sketch site to see the cards by the design team members and to play along with this week’s challenge (this challenge goes live at 10am EST).
Thanks for stopping by today!
My Favorite Things. Want to see what I love most in this amazing book? Maybe you’ve missed something or maybe I can help you to pare down your wish list? Be sure to check out both days and let me know what you think! Click on the links below to review my list of Favorite Things:
- My Favorite Things from Stampin’ Up!’s 2018 Annual Catalog – Day One
- My Favorite Things from Stampin ‘Up!’s 2018 Annual Catalog – Day Two