Today’s project is a balanced blend of the projects I have shared over the last two days – I used a single flower from Feathers & Frost stamp set to create a Christmas wreath (see the square wreath from the set here) and accented it with elements from the Candy Cane Season Bundle (see my card that features this bundle here). Here’s today’s card:
- Four New. The front of my simple 4-1/4″ x 4-1/4″ card (which fits into a standard, medium envelope for mailing) showcases four new products in Stampin’ Up!’s 2018 Holiday Catalog. Can you name all four? I know you love this game, so I’m going to give you time to study the card and name them all. … Now that you are back with your detailed list, I’m going to tell you. The flower used to create this wreath is from Feathers & Frost: The red berries and wreath are stamped with Candy Cane Season (and the bow is punched with the Candy Cane Builder punch. I’ve counted the bundle of items as one item: The bow is colored with the Real Red Stampin’ Blends Combo Pack: The card base is a Real Red and Cherry Cobbler page from All is Bright Designer Series Paper. Here’s a look at the colors and patterns in this pack of papers:
- Build-a-Wreath. When my local club met this past weekend, I planned some fun projects for us. We built this wreath with the Stamparatus and a simple template I created with the Layering Squares Framelits Dies. Shelli Gardner (Stampin’ Up!’s co-founder) shared the idea on our Alaskan cruise in July, and I’ve seen several variations of the template online and love the idea! Here’s how we made this wreath:
- I created a template by cutting a square into a scrap of Smoky Slate cardstock (I used the largest of the Layering Squares Framelits) and the turning the square to cut it again at an angle. Here’s the template that I positioned in the corner of my Stamparatus:
- I cropped a square from Thick Whisper White with the largest of the Layering Squares Framelits Dies and placed it in the template:
- I placed the small flower from Feathers & Frost on the square, positioning it between the points of the template. I picked it up with the plate of my Stamparatus, inked it with Call Me Clover and then stamped it into the square: Here’s what it looks like after it has been stamped:
- I turned the square once in the template:and then stamped another flower.
- I repeated this step over and over, turn it once and stamp, turn it once and stamped:
- I sat back and smiled at how cool the process was.
- New Stampin’ Blends. I was SO EXCITED to see new Stampin’ Blends in Stampin’ Up!’s 2018 Holiday Catalog. I can’t get enough of these alcohol markers – and they helped me to fill the slots in my marker holder. 🙂 Here are the new colors that are added in this catalog:
- Real Red
- Shaded Spruce
- Blackberry Bliss
- Cajun Craze
- Basic Black
- Mango Melody
I used the Light and Dark Real Red colors to color the bow for my wreath – there’s such beautiful depth in these colors.If you haven’t yet tried Stampin’ Blends, I beg you to try them out. You’ll love how smoothly they paint on and how easily they blend together. These markers work best with Thick Whisper White cardstock and Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
Bundles: Candy Cane Season Stamp Sets: Feathers & Frost, Candy Cane Season Papers: All is Bright Designer Series Paper, Real Red, Call Me Clover, Thick Whisper White Inks: Stampin’ Blends Combo Pack (Real Red), Call Me Clover, Real Red Accessories: Stamparatus, Candy Cane Builder Punch, Stampin’ Dimensionals
This was a fun card to make, but don’t take it from me! How about a look at these happy faces of my club members (and Mom) who made today’s project:
Thanks for stopping by today!
Earn a Grab Bag from Me!
I love to share with you – and I love when you buy from me. From now until the end of September, I’m offering you a Grab Bag of goodies when you (a) place a $75+ order with me and add your order to my host code (NZESKGNB) or (b) place a $150+ order with me and takes the host rewards for yourself. At the end of the month, I hope to send out a bunch of grab bags (the grab bags will actually be little boxes of Stampin’ Up! goodies – it could be ribbon or accessories or papers). It’s a mystery that I know you’ll love!
Placing an order today? Of course you are! If you are placing an order for $150 or more, I want you to enjoy all of the Host Rewards you have earned. If your order is less than $150, I’d love for you please add this Host Code – NZESKGNB – when prompted. Thank you!
Don’t forget about the new items in the Clearance Rack – many of these items are marked up to 60% off! These deals are offered while supplies last, so don’t wait to order the goodies you can’t live without.