Many of my Stampin’ Up! team members (not only those with blogs) share their gorgeous projects in our team’s Facebook community – there’s such amazing and inspiring creativity in this group! I’m always excited when my team’s blog hop rolls around, though, because I get to share some of their amazing work with you. I’m just as excited to see their projects as you are, and I am proud to share them with you.Welcome to InKing Royalty’s September Blog Hop! This year’s Blog Hop themes are inspired by popular songs – this month’s song is “September Morn,” a Neil Diamond classic from the late ’70’s. As you can guess, our Blog Hop today is filled with projects that are inspired by the beauty of Autumn – September is when the air becomes crisp and the leaves start to fall. We are excited to share our creations with you today! After you read my post, I hope you’ll hop over to the next person on the list at the base of this post.
My card for today’s blog hop combines two suites from Stampin’ Up!’s 2018 Holiday Catalog – (1) the featured stamp set from the Country Lane Suite of products and (2) the featured Specialty Designer Series Paper and dies from the featured bundle from the Frosted Floral Suite of products. I’m thrilled with how beautifully they worked together to make my September Morn card. Here’s my card:
- Country Home. Country Home is the featured stamp set in the Country Lane Suite of products. While the jug, pitcher and coordinating flowers have a very rustic feel, the sentiments in the set are bold and modern (and perfect for any show of thankfulness). I initially wondered why these two were paired together (it seemed like an odd pairing) – until I saw these rustic images EVERYWHERE. They are in magazines, home decor settings and craft stores. How chic! Stampin’ Up! was on trend with this modern, fresh set! For my card today, I inked up the “simply thankful for all the good things” sentiment with Tranquil Tide ink, added tape over “for all the good things” and stamped onto Thick Whisper White cardstock. I cropped the sentiment with a Stitched Shapes Framelits oval. I love the simplicity of these dies. Here’s a closer look:
- Frosted Floral & First Frost. I SO love that sentiment! Still, the star of this card is the Frosted Floral Specialty Designer Series Paper. You can’t understand the beauty of this paper unless you see it in person – you’ll slowly shift it back and forth to let the light catch the shimmer on each page. The paper is unbelievably gorgeous with beautifully watercolored images. Here’s a look at the images and colors in this must-have pack of papers (I used the second and third pages on the bottom row):To accent my sentiment and tie it into the paper behind it, I cropped several accents with one of the dies in the coordinating Frosted Bouquet Framelits Dies, part of the First Frost Bundle. Here’s a look at that bundle:If you’d like to see all of the elements in the Frosted Floral Suite, click on this image:
- Stunning Color Combination. My card features a gorgeous color combination that was pulled right from the Frosted Floral Specialty Designer Series Paper. I love the warmth of the blues, browns and grays in these designs. I was most drawn to the combination of Tranquil Tide and Soft Suede – a classic beauty. I cropped three accents from the Frosted Bouquet Framelits Dies – one of each of these colors: That picture shows shows the beautiful shine of this paper. If you love this combination of Whisper White, Tranquil Tide and Soft Suede as much as I do, please save this:
Stamp Sets: Country Home Papers: Frosted Floral Specialty Designer Series Paper, Tranquil Tide, Soft Suede, Thick Whisper White Inks: Tranquil Tide Accessories: Frosted Bouquet Framelits Dies, Stitched Shapes Framelits Dies, Stampin’ Dimensionals
Thank you for stopping by today. I hope you’ll hop along to the next stop on the blog hop, Denise Hoepfner at The Mountain Magpie. There’s lots of inspiration to be found in this group – and you don’t want to miss it!
Thanks for stopping by!
Thank you for hopping along with us. If you get stuck during the Blog Hop, please use this line-up as a guide:
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Denise Hoepfner at The Mountain Magpie
- Robin Myren at Songbird Designs by Robin
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy
- Robbye Hamilton at Miss Hammie’s Crafts
- Shawn de Oliveira at Shawn Stamps
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie
- Pam Morris at Tap Tap Stamp
- Rachael Shedeed at Bluebonnet Stampin’
- Nina King at InkPaperSequins
- Linda Krueger at The Stamp Coach
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
Here are links to the products I used in this project: