We’re kicking off a new sketch challenge today at the FabFriday Stampin’ Challenge, and I couldn’t be happier. The design with just three rectangles is simple and versatile – it’s everything I needed to complete a project that’s been running through my head for a while – and just in time. Since several bundles from Stampin’ Up!’s 2019 Occasions Catalog are retiring forever after issues with the dies vendor (the Doily Builder Thinlits Dies from the Dear Doily Bundle and the Wonderful Floral Framelits Dies from the Wonderful Romance Bundle are already gone), I wanted to get in one last card with the Rose Trellis Dies from the Climbing Roses Bundle before they are sold out. Here’s my card for this week’s challenge:
And here’s the banner for the challenge that inspired my card:
Tips, Tricks and Reminders
- Modern Trellis. I was initially on the fence about picking up the Climbing Roses Bundle – I was concerned that the images in the set weren’t inline with “my style.” I love the sentiments, though, and I adore the Framelits Dies, so I gave snatched it up. Yay! Here’s a look at the Climbing Roses Bundle, which is expected to soon retire:I love the trellis in this set of dies, and I used it on this card I shared for the last FabFriday challenge two weeks ago (you can click on the image if you’d like to see my original post): The die is subtle on that card. For today’s card, though, I showcased the die in a bold, vibrant way that gives it a different look. I used the die to crop Basic Black, Coastal Cabana, Pineapple Punch and Melon Mambo cardstock (keeping all the pieces). I snipped around one end of the Basic Black cutout to shorten the die design – it’s a long design). Once I glued the black outline to the card base, I filled in the spots with the cutouts from the three colors. What fun!Don’t these colors give this die an entirely new look? It was certainly fun to pull together. ♥
- Celebrate You. This sentiment says it all – “CELEBRATE YOU.” It’s pulled from an amazing collection of birthday-themed sentiment in Stampin’ Up!’s 2019 Occasions Catalog. Itty Bitty Birthdays features a great mix of standard and quite funny sentiments that can even be used for more than birthday cards. Here’s a look at Itty Bitty Birthdays:I added clear tape over the “LET’S” in “LET’S CELEBRATE YOU” and inked it with Tuxedo Black Memento Ink. I removed the tape and stamped the sentiment on Thick Whisper White. I then cropped it with the Classic Label Punch. I trimmed the left side and ran the sentiment back into the punch to turn the outward-pointing arrow into a banner tip.
- Bright and Cheery. While I was selecting the bright, cheery colors (Pineapple Punch, Coastal Cabana and Melon Mambo) for this project, I was THRILLED to have discovered such a bold, beautiful color combination. Until I was done, I didn’t realize these were the exact same three colors I used for my cupcake-adorned pizza box last week. I guess I’m feeling these colors these days! Here’s the other project I recently shared with this vibrant color combination (you can click on the picture below to see that full post):If you like this combination of Pineapple Punch, Coastal Cabana and Melon Mambo, please save this for inspiration:
Stamp Sets: Itty Bitty Birthdays Papers: How Sweet It Is Designer Series Paper, Pineapple Punch, Coastal Cabana, Melon Mambo, Basic Black Inks: Tuxedo Black Memento Accessories: Rose Trellis Framelits Dies, Classic Label Punch, Stampin’ Dimensionals
I hope you’ll pop over to the FabFriday site to see the cards by the design team members and to play along with this week’s challenge.
Thanks for stopping by today!
Going, Going…Don’t Miss Out!
Stampin’ Up! has announced that the dies some popular bundles are running low and that they will be discontinued once they are sold out. Here are the bundles you should be focused on today if you really, really want them:
Wonderful Romance Bundle (item 150592)
- Climbing Roses Bundle (item 150603)
- Birthday Cheer Bundle (item 150576)
Become a Royal
Sale-a-Bration offers the best opportunity to join my Stampin’ Up! Team and become an InKing Royal. What’s better than becoming a part of an active, fun, supportive group – and getting a discount on the products you already love?! If you’d like to learn more about the amazing join promotions during Sale-a-Bration, click on the graphic below:
New Sale-a-Bration and Sale-a-Bration Coordination
On March 1, Stampin’ Up! released new Sale-a-Bration Coordination products (that coordinate with your Sale-a-Bration favorites) and added new Sale-a-Bration options so that you have more reasons to earn Sale-a-Bration rewards. What fun! To learn everything you need to know, click here.
Placing an order today? Of course you are! If you are placing an order for $150 or more, I want you to enjoy all of the Host Rewards you have earned. If your order is less than $150, I’d love for you please add this Host Code – BX3GMCHV – when prompted. Thank you!