I was a little stumped at initial approach to this week’s Global Design Project balloons theme challenge – so I started my creative journey by running my finger over the spines of all my stamps. I can’t tell you how many cards start with that process. That’s it! That’s when I came across Everything Amazing, a new set in Stampin’ Up!’s 2019 Annual Catalog – and there are balloons. Woo hoo! Here’s my card:
- Everything Amazing. Have you paid attention to the Everything Amazing stamp set on page 20 of Stampin’ Up!’s 2019 Annual Catalog? The sketched, hand-drawn lettering is reminiscent of chalkboard art, so I heat-embossed the lettering on Basic Black cardstock with Whisper White Stampin’ Emboss Powder. Here’s a look at this fun, new set:Fun, celebratory images with a lot of great words. Here are some of the amazing sayings you can build with this super-fun set:
- “You are an amazing friend”
- “Wishing you an amazing birthday”
- “You will do amazing things”
- “Wishing you an amazing friend” 🙂
- Balloon Background. While I incorporated one pair of balloons on the top panel of this card, I didn’t feel like that was enough to meet the “balloon” theme of this week’s challenge. As such, I stamped a pattern of balloons on the Pineapple Punch background with Pineapple Punch ink. Since the stamp set is photopolymer, it was easy to line up the images and stamp them down. Here’s a closer look:And here’s a close-up of the finished card (just to prove that the balloons actually made it to my finished project). The tone-on-tone is subtle, which makes the inclusion of the balloons even more fun:
- Color Combination. There’s an open space in the top, right corner of this sentiment that needed to be filled, so I stamped the heart, hat and balloons from the stamp set on colored cardstock and built a little collage of these fun images in the top, left corner.I stamped the opening and resolve of this sentiment on Coastal Cabana cardstock and snipped them out to fit inside the lines of the embossed sentiment. If you like this bright-and-cheery combination of Pineapple Punch, Coastal Cabana and Poppy Parade as much as I do, please save this:
Stamp Sets: Everything Amazing Papers: Pineapple Punch, Coastal Cabana, Poppy Parade, Basic Black Inks: Pineapple Punch, Whisper White Craft, Tuxedo Black Memento Accessories: White Stampin’ Emboss Powder, Heat Tool, Stitched Nested Labels Dies, Stampin’ Dimensionals
I hope you’ll pop over to the Global Design Project site to see the cards by the design team members and to play along with this week’s challenge.
Thanks for stopping by today!
My Favorite Things. I love to share my favorite things with you. I’ve shared two posts with some of my favorites from Stampin’ Up!’s 2019 Annual Catalog. If you’ve like to take a look, click on the links below:
I hope these lists help you to whittle down your wish list – or identify some amazing products you may have missed.
Placing an order today? Of course you are! If you are placing an order for $150 or more, I want you to enjoy all of the Host Rewards you have earned. If your order is less than $150, I’d love for you please add this Host Code – NWANWTKG – when prompted. Thank you!