While I’m growing accustomed to being at home all day, I completely lost track of the days this week and missed the launch of my sketch for this week’s CAS(E) This Sketch challenge. I knew what I wanted to make for this sketch but hadn’t yet made it when the challenge went live, so I’m sharing that project with you today. What fun! Here’s my card:And here’s the banner for the challenge that inspired my card:
- Ornate Garden. The sentiment is lovely (one of my all-time favorites), but the headliner on this card is the beautiful panel of flowers on the center panel. The page panel is from the Ornate Garden Designer Series Paper, an early release from Stampin’ Up!’s 2020 Annual Catalog (along with an entire suite of products). Here’s a look at the colors and patterns in the perfect-for-Spring Ornate Garden Specialty Designer Series Papers:The pack of papers feature the following colors: Bumble Bee, Early Espresso, gold, Mint Macaron, Old Olive, Terracotta Tile and Whisper White. The papers are a mix of beautiful patterns and gold foil designs. Gorgeous! If you’d like to take a closer look, click on the picture below to flip through all of the pages in my online store: The other two panels on my card are the Terracotta-textured page from the Woven Threads Designer Series Paper. It paired perfectly with the Ornate Garden Specialty Designer Series Paper, don’t you think? Here’s a look at the patterns and colors in the Woven Threads Designer Series Paper:
- Color Combination for Spring. When I listed the colors in the Ornate Garden Specialty Designer Series Paper, did you notice the name of a color you’d not heard of before? Of course you did! I love that you read and study every inch of my blog. ♥ I pulled all three of the colors on my card from the colors in this pack of papers – including the brand new Bumble Bee. If you like this mix of Bumble Bee, Terracotta Tile and Old Olive, please save this for future reference:
- Measurements. I would love for you to play along with my sketch and find the layer sizes that work best with the papers you are showcasing on your card, but I’m also happy to share the measurements on my layers (because I trimmed away at the papers until they gave me exactly what I wanted). Here are the measurements for the layers on my card, starting with the card base and working my way to the top:
- Old Olive – 4-1/4″ x 11″ (scored at 5-1/2″)
- Stampin’ Dimensionals
- Thick Whisper White – 2-5/8″ x 5-1/8″
- Woven Threads Designer Series Paper – 2-1/2″ x 5″
- Stampin’ Dimensionals
- Thick Whisper White – 2-5/8″ x 4-5/8″
- Ornate Garden Specialty Designer Series Paper – 2-1/2″ x 4-1/2″
- Stampin’ Dimensionals
- Thick Whisper White – 2-1/4″ x 2-1/4″
- Woven Threads Designer Series Paper – 2-1/8″ x 2-1/8″ Stitched Shapes Dies square
Stamp Sets: Notes of Kindness Card Kit Papers: Ornate Garden Specialty Designer Series Paper, Woven Threads Designer Series Paper, Old Olive, Thick Whisper White Inks: Whisper White Craft Ink Accessories: Stitched Shapes Dies, White Stampin’ Emboss Powder, Heat Tool, Stampin’ Dimensionals
I hope you’ll pop over to the CAS(E) This Sketch site to see the cards by the design team members and to play along with this week’s challenge.
Thanks for stopping by today!
Shop the Ornate Garden Suite today! Stampin’ Up! is early releasing this gorgeous suite of products early, and you have every reason in the world to check it out. From BOTH bundles in the suite to the papers and accessories, this suite has everything you need to make a boatload of Spring cards. To see all of the new items in my online store, CLICK HERE.
Placing an order today? Of course you are! If you are placing an order for $150 or more, I want you to enjoy all of the Host Rewards you have earned. If your order is less than $150, I’d love for you please add this Host Code – 9X9EEVVN – when prompted. Thank you!
Very beautiful & original way to create a clean, spring look with these products.
Love how you used a big sentiment there for the focal and the fresh flowers behind in DSP. Cool card and sketch! I am working on this sketch plus two other challenges this morning…wish me luck! ha
I wondered why you didn’t post a CTS card yesterday 🙂 I think a lot of us are having difficulty remembering what day it is. Beautiful card as always!
Sketch realization, color palette, choice of DSP’s, sentiment impact ….yup. Perfect 4 for 4. (Could there be any doubt?) Love this.
You know what they say…….Better late then never on your challenge idea. Your card was well worth the wait.
Your color choices with this DSP are gorgeous!
What an inspirational card – for me anyway! Love it.
Bumble Bee cardstock !?!! Cool – thanks for the sneak peek! I had to check the date to make sure it wasn’t April first!
A beautiful spring collection of color! Your card is simply lovely!
Beautiful color combo. Love the stitched square with big sentiment and the pretty floral DSP that doesn’t need coloring. Sweet card. Enjoy your day!
I’m losing track of days too! Framing your layers in white adds so much! Beautiful card!
Thanks, Linda! I love this paper! ♥
Thanks for sharing your Sketch challenge Brian. LOVE it! Great colours, DSP, layout.