We all love to decorate for the holidays – from Thanksgiving to Christmas, it’s fashionable to adorn our doors with beautiful wreaths that celebrate the seasons. Today’s card, based on Donna Mikasa’s sketch at CAS(E) This Sketch, offers an accompaniment to beautiful Thanksgiving and Christmas wreaths – a beautiful Halloween wreath. Here’s my card:
- Arrange a Wreath. Stampin’ Up!’s Arrange a Wreath, new in Stampin’ Up!’s 2020 Annual Catalog, gives us the images and sentiments we need to celebrate four specific holidays – Thanksgiving, Christmas, Valentine’s Day and Easter. The wreaths can be used for any occasion, though! I simply changed the color of the wreath from the Wreath Builder Dies to make a spooky, elegant, fun wreath for Halloween. Here’s a look at the Arrange a Wreath Bundle:My spooky spiders were cropped from the Little Treat Boxes Dies, part of the Little Treats Bundle in Stampin’ Up!’s August – December 2020 Mini Catalog. There’s such a beautiful detail in the spider’s back that I love so much! Here’s a look at this bundle:I added a red rhinestone to turn this creepy spider into a black widow. Spooky!
- A Perfect Band. I followed Donna’s sketch to a “t”. I was challenged by the fact that the band in her sketch stopped at the start of the circle in the center. Here’s a close look at the band on my card:Here’s how I did it:
- I cut a band Real Red cardstock that would reach all the way across my card front.
- I used the Wreath Builder Dies to crop a wreath from the center of the Real Red band, discarding the center cutout. I also used the Wreath Builder Dies to crop a Basic Gray wreath.
- I glued one end of the Real Red band to the side of the front panel and pieced the Basic Gray wreath inside the band and glued it down.
- I carefully pieced the other side of the wreath together and glued the elements on that side of the wreath.
- I cropped the wreath with Smoky Slate cardstock and glued it over the Basic Gray wreath, rotating it slightly.
- Red for Halloween. With my black widows and their red rhinestone backs, I knew I would have fun accenting this Halloween card with Real Red – not the first color you think of for Halloween, right? A red band, red rhinestone backs and a beautiful red bow. If you like this mix of Smoky Slate, Basic Gray and Real Red as much as I do, I hope you will save this for future reference:
Stamp Sets: Hallows Night Magic Papers: Basic Gray, Basic Black, Smoky Slate, Real Red, Whisper White Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black Accessories: Wreath Builder Dies, Little Treat Boxes Dies, Red Rhinestone Basic Jewels, Real Red 3/8″ Sheer Ribbon, Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals
I hope you’ll pop over to the CAS(E) This Sketch site to see the cards by the design team members and to play along with this week’s challenge.
Thanks for stopping by today!
Designer Series Paper Sale
You know how much I love Designer Series Paper, right? I know you do, too – that’s why I’m excited to share that Stampin’ Up! is hosting a month-long Designer Series Paper Sale – 15% off select packs of papers from Stampin’ Up!’s 2020 Annual Catalog and August – December 2020 Mini Catalog. How fun! If you’d like to see all the papers that are on sale, please click on the document below:
If you’d like to see my favorite colors and cards with these papers, CLICK HERE.
Placing an order today? Of course you are! If you are placing an order for $150 or more, I want you to enjoy all of the Host Rewards you have earned. If your order is less than $150, I’d love for you please add this Host Code – PDGF77WJ – when prompted. Thank you!