For today’s clean and simple thank you card, I combined a new image with a sentiment that’s been around for a while. I’ve never used either in a project – and they go together perfectly, so I’m excited to share them with you today. Minimal coloring and a tiny bit of layering make this card easily reproducible. Here’s my card:
Tips, Tricks and Reminders
- The Images. Do you recognize both images? I love the sentiment from Kinda Eclectic. You know how much I love the combination of a good print and good script, right? This sentiment has left me puzzled, though, with how to balance it on a card – the center of this sentiment is not in its middle. When I decided to pair it with the gorgeous arrangement of wild flowers from In the Meadow, my heart felt very satisfied.
- Light, Light, Bright. I selected the colors for this beautiful flower image by picking one green, one pink and one purple. The soft green (Pear Pizzazz) and soft purple (Wisteria Wonder) needed a little jazzing up, so I chose Melon Mambo for my pops of pink. If you like this combination, too, feel free to save this:
- Simple Layering. While the images and colors on this card make me very happy, the size of the card and simple layering make is special. For starters, I cropped the base of the card from a standard size. Here are the layers I used for this simple card (from the base to the top):
- Thick Whisper White – 3-1/2″ x 5-1/2″
- Pear Pizzazz – 3-1/8″ x 5-1/8″
- Melon Mambo – 2-7/8″ x 4-7/8″
- Whisper White – 2-3/4″ x 4-3/4″
Stamp Sets: Kinda Eclectic, In the Meadow Papers: Thick Whisper White, Pear Pizzazz, Melon Mambo, Whisper White Inks: Archival Basic Black, Stampin’ Write Makers (Pear Pizzazz, Melon Mambo, Wisteria Wonder) Accessories: Stampin’ Dimensionals
Thanks for stopping by today!