It’s always fun to make birthday cards, congratulatory cards and baby cards. When we are celebrating life events with the people we love, it’s always exciting to create and personalize our sweet messages. It’s not as easy to make cards that offer love and hope to someone who’s hurting because we are often affected by their pain, too. Today’s card offers a quick-and-clean design that is still very beautiful. Here’s my card for this week’s CAS(E) This Sketch Challenge:
And here’s the banner for this week’s sketch that inspired my card:
- Definitely Dahlia. As I ran my pointer finger over all of the stamps in my stamp collection to find the one that would be perfect for today’s sketch, I landed on the Diagonal Stripes background stamp (how perfect would that be for the striped band along the side of the card). Well…I accidentally grabbed the stamp set next to Diagonal Stripes (Definitely Dahlia) and carried it to my craft table. It felt like it “was meant to be” so I created this card with Definitely Dahlia. Here’s a look at this gorgeous, textured background stamp:
I inked up the flower with Fresh Fig ink, stamped it off on a scrap piece of paper and stamped it along the side of this panel of Very Vanilla cardstock. So easy to create a beautiful, textured look with the Definitely Dahlia stamp.
- Masking Times Two. I built this sentiment from stamps in the Lovely Inside & Out stamp set from Stampin’ Up!’s 2017 Annual Catalog. Here’s a look at this stamp set, along with the coordinating Thinlits:
I masked the “SENDING YOU” sentiment by inking the stamp and then adding tape over “YOU” before stamping it down. I masked the “LOVELY” sentiment by inking the stamp and then adding tape over “LY” before stamping it down. Such an easy way to get what I wanted out of these beautiful sentiments!
- Serene Color Combination. Fresh Fig, one of Stampin’ Up!’s 2017-2019 In Colors, is such a versatile color. It can take on vibrant qualities or soothing qualities – it depends on what colors you pair it with. When combines with Very Vanilla and Crumb Cake, it’s a perfect color for a serene card. If you like this combination of Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake and Fresh Fig, please save this:
Stamp Sets: Definitely Dahlia, Lovely Inside & Out Papers: Eastern Palace Specialty Designer Series Paper, Crumb Cake, Thick Very Vanilla Inks: Fresh Fig, Archival Basic Black Accessories: Thick Very Vanilla Baker’s Twine (retired), Stampin’ Dimensionals
I hope you’ll pop over to the CAS(E) This Sketch site to see the cards by the design team members and to play along with this week’s challenge.
Thanks for stopping by today!
SPRING ONE-FOR-ONE CARD SWAP. I’m also kicking off a Spring one-for-one card swap. You can learn more here.
MAKE THE MOST OF SALE-A-BRATION
Are you looking for ways to maximize your Sale-a-Bration rewards before the end of Stampin’ Up!’s big sales event? Click on the logo above (or click here) to make sure you’re maximizing the benefits. I want you to earn big! <3
Have you ever thought about being a demonstrator? Now is a GREAT time to become a Royal. Here’s what you can get with your Starter Kit when you join during Sale-a-Bration:
- With your $99 Starter Kit, you get $125 of product (your choice) with FREE SHIPPING.
- During Sale-a-Bration, you earn 2 free stamp sets (your choice) at any price. That’s a HUGE bonus!
- You will save 20% on everything you buy straight out of the gate (with an opportunity to save more).
- You have access to sneak peeks and early product releases.
- You get to be a part of our incredible online community. <3
I love our group and would love to introduce you to them. This is such a great opportunity for you to join or re-join. If you have questions, please email me. I’m happy to set up a call to chat with you about this amazing opportunity. You can JOIN NOW or EMAIL ME.