We are kicking off a fun color challenge at FabFriday today – we are showcasing the gorgeous combination of Powder Pink, Night of Navy, Soft Sky and So Saffron. That’s four colors! I reached back to my Annual Catalog to make a fun invitation with the Marquee Messages stamp set. There’s coloring, snipping, layering and some other fun surprises in this clean, Spring-ready invitation. Here’s my card:
- Multiple Inks. Archival Basic Black ink is my go-to black ink. Unless I’m using my alcohol-based Stampin’ Blends (when I reach for Tuxedo Black Memento ink), I always use my Archival Basic Black pad. I stamped this image from Marquee Messages with Archival Basic Black on Thick Whisper White, So Saffron, Soft Sky and Powder Pink.
My plan was to cut out all the images, color blocked as shown in the final card. BUT…there was no way I was going to snip around all the slats that run down the left side of the blue base for this sign (and I didn’t want to leave the panel white), so…I stamped the image and “YOU ARE” sentiment with Tuxedo Black Memento ink on the Thick Whisper White panel and colored the central panel with the Light Pool Party Stampin’ Blends Marker – still such a smooth effect. I colored the slats along the left side with the Dark Night of Navy Stampin’ Blends Marker.
- Shining Lights. No marquee is complete without shining lights. From the start of this card, I knew I wanted my big arrow to be yellow. Thank you, So Saffron. It still felt a little flat, so I grabbed my Fine-Tip Glue Pen and dropped a little glue into each of the dots along the edge of the arrow. You might not have seen this added element on the card (they are small), so here’s a closer look at the finished arrow: Fun, right? It’s a small element that adds a lot to this card. I was inspired by the glue resist card I shared last week – you can see that here.
- Lay It Out Before You Glue It Down. There are three snipped elements that layer over one another for a fun paper-pieced project. Be careful, though, to think through all the layers before you start gluing down the elements. The sentiment panel (with the snipped stars) needs to be glued down before the arrow is glued down since the arrow overlaps. You’re welcome.
Stamp Sets: Marquee Messages Papers: Tutti-Frutti 6″ x 6″ Designer Series Paper, Night of Navy, So Saffron, Powder Pink, Thick Whisper White Inks: Archival Basic Black, Tuxedo Black Memento, Stampin’ Blends (Light Pool Party, Dark Night of Navy) Accessories: Fine-Tip Glue Pen, Stampin’ Dimensionals
I hope you’ll pop over to the FabFriday site to see the cards by the design team members and to play along with this week’s challenge.
Thanks for stopping by today!
SPRING ONE-FOR-ONE CARD SWAP. I’m also kicking off a Spring one-for-one card swap. You can learn more here.
MAKE THE MOST OF SALE-A-BRATION
Are you looking for ways to maximize your Sale-a-Bration rewards before the end of Stampin’ Up!’s big sales event? Click on the logo above (or click here) to make sure you’re maximizing the benefits. I want you to earn big! <3
Have you ever thought about being a demonstrator? Now is a GREAT time to become a Royal. Here’s what you can get with your Starter Kit when you join during Sale-a-Bration:
- With your $99 Starter Kit, you get $125 of product (your choice) with FREE SHIPPING.
- During Sale-a-Bration, you earn 2 free stamp sets (your choice) at any price. That’s a HUGE bonus!
- You will save 20% on everything you buy straight out of the gate (with an opportunity to save more).
- You have access to sneak peeks and early product releases.
- You get to be a part of our incredible online community. <3
I love our group and would love to introduce you to them. This is such a great opportunity for you to join or re-join. If you have questions, please email me. I’m happy to set up a call to chat with you about this amazing opportunity. You can JOIN NOW or EMAIL ME.