While at the St. Louis event I attended last month, I was introduced to an over-the-top fun fold that I’d never seen before. After researching it a bit, I found that it was a big hit online several years ago – lots of demonstrators shared it. Where was I for all that fun? Still it’s new and exciting to me, so I hope it’s new and exciting to you. I couldn’t wait to give this fun fold a spin – and to share it with my local stamp club. Here’s my card, which make a perfect Father’s Day card:
How cool is that?! I’m as excited about this fun fold now as I was when I was introduced to it. With this size of card (I’m sharing the measurements below), it can fit in a Medium envelope (if you let it sit caddywampus in the envelope).
Tips, Tricks and Reminders
- Tranquil Textures. The triangles on the card front (which are formed by cutting a rectangle from corner to corner – how’s that for geometry?!) are cut from the Tranquil Textures Designer Series Paper. While this paper is designed to coordinate with the ocean-themed suite, the colors (Tranquil Tide, Mint Macaron, Soft Sea Foam and a touch of Fresh Fig) are perfect for a Father’s Day card. The blues and greens in this paper lend well to a masculine project, but you certainly aren’t limited to that. Here’s a look at this gorgeous paper:
- Building the Sentiment. The sentiment on the front of the card – “Let’s celebrate” is from the new Detailed with Love stamp set – I love the beautiful, scrolly sentiments in this set. I inked up the entire sentiment (with the eight circles beneath it) and taped over the circles before stamping onto Whisper White. That gave me just what I wanted without a lot of work. Here’s a look at this wonderful set: During Sale-a-Bration, we were able to earn the Celebrate You Thinlits Dies. Did you get them? If not, they are now available for purchase as item #146840 in the 2018 Annual Catalog. The “you” is a perfect completion of “Let’s celebrate,” don’t you think? Here’s a look at the Celebrate you Thinlits Dies:
- Fold Instructions. Here’s a quick summary of how to create this fun fold for yourself. As long as your diagonally-scored lines are going in the same direction, you are golden. You’ll have to play around with the folds (bending different ways) to get the card to fold the right way. It will feel wrong, but you will get it. I promise. Here are some fun pictures of some of my club members making this card: How fun are they?! We had a really good time with this fun card.
Stamp Sets: Detailed with Love Papers: Tranquil Textures Designer Series Paper, Tranquil Tide, Mint Macaron, Whisper White Inks: Tranquil Tide Accessories: Celebrate You Thinlits Dies, 1-3/4″ Circle punch, Starburst Punch, Layering Circles Framelits Dies, Stampin’ Trimmer, Stampin’ Dimensionals
Don’t you think this would be a perfect way to celebrate Dad – or the man in your life – for Father’s Day? It’s fun and festive but not overly flashy. 🙂
Thanks for stopping by today!
Stampin’ Up!’s 2018 Annual Catalog. Stampin’ Up!’s 2018 Annual Catalog is live! There are so many exciting and new products in this book – CLICK HERE to review the new catalog and flip through each of the beautifully coordinated suites.
My Favorite Things. Want to see what I love most in this amazing book? Maybe you’ve missed something or maybe I can help you to pare down your wish list? Be sure to check out both days and let me know what you think! Click on the links below to review my list of Favorite Things:
- My Favorite Things from Stampin’ Up!’s 2018 Annual Catalog – Day One
- My Favorite Things from Stampin ‘Up!’s 2018 Annual Catalog – Day Two
You’ve been saving up for this new catalog (I respect you so much for that), and I want to help you make the most of the money you are ready to spend. For two weeks, I’m offering bundled pricing on some Brian-bundled Color Collections. There’s no better way to save on the new colors so you can get even more.
- 2018-2020 In Color All-in Bundle
- 2018-2020 In Color Basics Bundle
- Just the New Colors Bundle
- Brights Bundle
- Subtles Bundle
- Regals Bundle
- Neutrals Bundle
To see what items are included in each bundle and to place your order, CLICK HERE.