I love the layout of this week’s CAS(E) This Sketch challenge – a band with a cutout can be used for so many types of cards – it can be bold and festive or soft and beautiful. I reached for the Painted Glass Bundle to make an uplifting sympathy card with a bright butterfly and a gorgeous sentiment. Here’s my card:
- Building The Overlay. To build the focal band on this card, I cut two strips of cardstock the same size – one in Smoky Slate and one in Whisper White. I cropped a circle with my 2″ circle punch along the edge of the Smoky Slate piece. Using my Stamp-a-Ma-Jig (which is retired but still works very well), I lined up the window image inside the punched circle and then stamped it down (after stamping off once on scrap paper). I then stamped the sentiment along the Smoky Slate panel – after all the work to get the window lined up, I HAD TO get the sentiment right the first time. How gorgeous is the combination of this colorful butterfly against this muted window? Here’s a look at the Painted Glass Bundle: If you’d like to see ALL of the items in this amazing suite, click on this image:
- Coloring. I used Stampin’ Up! Markers to color TWO things on this card. Can you find both? To help you out a bit, both are pictured here:The obvious answer is “the butterfly.” I stamped him with Tuxedo Black Memento ink and colored him with both of the Daffodil Delight Stampin’ Blends. I didn’t mix the colors – just used the alcohol makers to color the elements on the winged insect. I’m so excited that Stampin’ Blends are back – click here to order them today:AND – there are new colors coming! All of the markers with a “N” star beside them in the catalog (page 205) will be available to order mid-June. Be on the lookout. Back to the card – I colored the scalloped strip down the left side of the band with a Basic Black Stampin’ Write Marker before gluing it down. So many ways to color these elements!
- Delightfully Detailed Laser-Cut Specialty Paper. Unless you are paying close attention, you might miss the Delightfully Detailed Laser-Cut Specialty Paper – and you don’t want to miss it! Here’s a look at this amazing laser-cut paper: One pack contains 8 sheets of this 12″ x 12″ paper (4 each of two designs). The pages are 12″ x 12″ and are Whisper White on one side and Very Vanilla on the other. You can click on the image above to see closeups of both pages in my online store – so many great ways to use these designs!
Bundles: Painted Glass Bundle Stamp Sets: Painted Glass Papers: Delightfully Detailed Laser-Cut Specialty Paper, Smoky Slate, Basic Black, Daffodil Delight, Whisper White Inks: Smoky Slate, Tuxedo Black Memento, Stampin’ Blends Combo (Daffodil Delight, Smoky Slate), Basic Black Stampin’ Write Marker Accessories: Stained Glass Thinlits Dies, 2″ Circle punch, Stampin’ Dimensionals
I hope you’ll pop over to the CAS(E) This Sketch site to see the cards by the design team members and to play along with this week’s challenge. This challenge goes live at 10am EST.
Thanks for stopping by today!
Stampin’ Up!’s 2018 Annual Catalog. Stampin’ Up!’s 2018 Annual Catalog is live! There are so many exciting and new products in this book – CLICK HERE to review the new catalog and flip through each of the beautifully coordinated suites.
My Favorite Things. Want to see what I love most in this amazing book? Maybe you’ve missed something or maybe I can help you to pare down your wish list? Be sure to check out both days and let me know what you think! Click on the links below to review my list of Favorite Things:
- My Favorite Things from Stampin’ Up!’s 2018 Annual Catalog – Day One
- My Favorite Things from Stampin ‘Up!’s 2018 Annual Catalog – Day Two
You’ve been saving up for this new catalog (I respect you so much for that), and I want to help you make the most of the money you are ready to spend. For two weeks, I’m offering bundled pricing on some Brian-bundled Color Collections. There’s no better way to save on the new colors so you can get even more.
- 2018-2020 In Color All-in Bundle
- 2018-2020 In Color Basics Bundle
- Just the New Colors Bundle
- Brights Bundle
- Subtles Bundle
- Regals Bundle
- Neutrals Bundle
To see what items are included in each bundle and to place your order, CLICK HERE.