On Tuesday I shared a fun Father’s Day card I made with Tranquil Textures Designer Series Paper (you can see that card here). Today I’m showing a soft, delicate wedding card made with the same paper. How fun! How versatile! Here’s my card for the FabFriday challenge that kicks off today:
Here’s the banner for the sketch challenge at FabFriday that kicks off today:
Tips, Tricks and Reminders
- Beautiful Texture. When the new catalog debuted, I wasn’t sold on how beautiful the Tranquil Textures Designer Series Paper would be – but I’m sometimes wrong. The more I’m around it, the more I love it! Here’s a look at this gorgeous paper that’s part of an ocean-themed suite: Not only does it look soft and lovely on this wedding card, but the patterns work on a variety of projects. I used the top, left paper on the Father’s Day card I shared on Tuesday (you can see that here).
- Sweet Elements. Mindy Backes’ sketch includes a doily in the design. According to GADS (Generally Accepted Design Standards), which isn’t a real thing, you can replace one element for another. While we have several doily options, I chose to use the beautiful heart from the Sunshine Wishes Thinlits on my card. I stamped the “best wishes” sentiment from the Stitched All Around stamp set and added a scalloped border to the base of the sentiment from the Delightfully Detailed Laser-Cut Specialty Designer Series Papers. Each of these elements makes this sweet-and-simple card a little more special.
- Tranquil Mint Cake. Tranquil Tide is EVERYWHERE. It’s in clothing, jewelry and home decor. It was (essentially) the featured color in a post I received from a home paint company. Tranquil Tide shows up in lots of our new Designer Series Papers – and is often paired with Mint Macaron (as it should be). If you like this combination of Crumb Cake, Mint Macaron and Tranquil Tide, please save this:
Stamp Sets: Stitched All Around Papers: Tranquil Textures Designer Series Paper, Delightfully Detailed Laser-cut Specialty Designer Series Paper, Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla Inks: Tuxedo Black Memento Ink Accessories: Sunshine Wishes Thinlits Dies, Stampin’ Dimensionals
I hope you’ll pop over to the FabFriday challenge site to see the cards by the design team members and to play along with this fun sketch challenge.
Thanks for stopping by today!
Stampin’ Up!’s 2018 Annual Catalog. Stampin’ Up!’s 2018 Annual Catalog is live! There are so many exciting and new products in this book – CLICK HERE to review the new catalog and flip through each of the beautifully coordinated suites.
My Favorite Things. Want to see what I love most in this amazing book? Maybe you’ve missed something or maybe I can help you to pare down your wish list? Be sure to check out both days and let me know what you think! Click on the links below to review my list of Favorite Things:
- My Favorite Things from Stampin’ Up!’s 2018 Annual Catalog – Day One
- My Favorite Things from Stampin ‘Up!’s 2018 Annual Catalog – Day Two
You’ve been saving up for this new catalog (I respect you so much for that), and I want to help you make the most of the money you are ready to spend. For two weeks, I’m offering bundled pricing on some Brian-bundled Color Collections. There’s no better way to save on the new colors so you can get even more.
- 2018-2020 In Color All-in Bundle
- 2018-2020 In Color Basics Bundle
- Just the New Colors Bundle
- Brights Bundle
- Subtles Bundle
- Regals Bundle
- Neutrals Bundle
To see what items are included in each bundle and to place your order, CLICK HERE.