FabFriday is kicking off a new challenge today that gives us a fun mix of colors – Stampin’ Up!’s 2018-2020 In Colors. Yay! You’ve had almost two months to get them, so I hope you are are ready to play along. Lovely Lipstick, Grapefruit Grove, Pineapple Punch, Call Me Clover and Blueberry Bushel ALMOST give us a complete rainbow of colors in a variety bright, soft and rich colors. I pulled them together on a card that features one of my favorite bundles from Stampin’ Up!’s 2018 Annual Catalog. Here’s my card:
- A Big Thank You. When I shared the list of my Favorite Things from Stampin’ Up!’s 2018 Annual Catalog, I was excited to share the A Big Thank You Bundle – it’s amazing (and kinda’ hidden in the catalog). If you weren’t looking the stamp set (on page 122), you might miss it – and you might miss the amazing Thank You Thinlits Die. It’s reminiscent of the Happy Birthday Thinlits Die that was a HUGE hit last year, and this one is just as amazing. Here’s a look at this new bundle: It’s a must-have bundle and perfect for a quick and simple thank you.
- Filthy Hands. I stamped a panel of bands from the A Big Thank You stamp set on Whisper White and then trimmed it down to the size I wanted. I started at the top and worked my way down the panel, cleaning the stamp with a baby wipe after each time I stamped down. At the end, of my panel, my hands were FILTHY – looked as if I had dipped my finger tips in black ink. Here are two things I could have done differently to avoid the inky fingers:
- I’ve always used baby wipes to clean my photopolymer stamps (and my Stampin’ Scrub to clean my red rubber stamps). I recently purchased a Simply Shammy but didn’t open it up before giving it away to a team member during a Facebook Challenge for my InKing Royalty group. Here’s a look at the Simply Shammy: I’ve since ordered another one and will enjoy using it. This reusable stamp cleaning cloth makes stamp cleaning effortless. Just add water and wipe stamps on the shammy – and it fits neatly in a stamp case.
- I started stamping the lines at the top of my panel, which means I had to clean my stamp for EVERY line on the panel. If I had started in the middle and cleaned it for the first four colors, I could have stamped TWO lines (one above and one below) for every color after that. That would have been a smarter approach with less cleaning along the way.
- Balancing it All. When I was done with my panel of colorful lines, I thought I would just glue down a cropped out “Thank You” and call it a day. The background was too busy for the delicate die, though, so I had to approach it differently. By adding a big, blue circle (the largest circle in the Layering Circles Framelits Dies), I was able to incorporate this sentiment into my design. I played with different colors for the circle and die until I found the combination that worked best.
Bundles: A Big Thank You Bundle Stamp Sets: A Big Thank You Papers: Blueberry Bushel, Pineapple Punch, Whisper White, Thick Whisper White Inks: Lovely Lipstick, Grapefruit Grove, Pineapple Punch, Blueberry Bushel, Call Me Clover Accessories: Thank You Thinlits, Layering Circles Framelits Dies, Stampin’ Dimensionals
I hope you’ll pop over to the FabFriday challenge to see the cards by the design team members and to play along with this week’s challenge.
Thanks for stopping by today!
My Favorite Things. Want to see what I love most in this amazing book? Maybe you’ve missed something or maybe I can help you to pare down your wish list? Be sure to check out both days and let me know what you think! Click on the links below to review my list of Favorite Things: