It’s time for another Be Inspired Design Team Blog Hop – what fun! The Be Inspired Design Team is a group of Stampin’ Up! demonstrators from all over the world who are excited to share our themed projects with you. I’m so honored to be a part of this group of talented stampers!
Anything goes! We have no theme for today’s Be Inspired Hop – we are creating whatever we want with whatever we want. That means we’re sharing a huge variety of projects on today’s hop. If you aren’t starting the hop here, then you probably just popped over from the amazing project shared by my talented Canadian friend Carolynn Sander.
Graceful Glass & Free as a Bird
My project mixes retiring vellum from Stampin’ Up!’s 2018 Annual Catalog with a new stamp set in Stampin’ Up!’s 2019 Annual Catalog. While the paper doesn’t have a bird-related theme, this page has a string a beautiful birds. While the stamp set is designed with birds in mind, these sentiments aren’t necessarily tied to that theme. Here’s my card:
- Graceful Glass. It has taken me a while to really fall in love with the Graceful Glass 6″ x 6″ Designer Vellum that debuted in Stampin’ Up!’s 2018 Annual Catalog. The paper retires next week (even though the coordinating Painted Glass stamp set and Stained Glass Dies carry forward into the new catalog). Just look at the amazing patterns on this vellum paper:Here’s a closer look at the page I worked with for today’s project (you can click on the picture below to see all of the pages in my online store):I colored the three birds in the center of this piece of vellum with Stampin’ Blends (Pumpkin Pie, Balmy Blue and Daffodil Delight) and then cropped them with my 2″ Circle punch. I colored the back of the vellum to give a lighter peek-through effect.
- Layering with Vellum. Because Vellum is transparent, you have to find creative ways to adhere it to a card. Here’s how I built the front of this card:
- I cut a circle with the largest of the Layering Circles Dies in a piece of Daffodil Delight. I used the back side of the paper to eliminate the indention created with the die.
- I glued the thin strip of Balmy Blue with “Hello” on it to the front of the vellum circle.
- I glued that strip to the edges of the Daffodil Delight base, making sure the circle was centered inside the circle left from the Layering Circles Die.
- I added Stampin’ Dimensionals to the back of the yellow cardstock and behind the balmy blue band before adhering a square of balmy blue to that.
- I popped all of that up on a piece of Whisper White and then to a Crumb Cake base.
- I smiled, happy it all came together.
- Color Combination. I made a sympathy card on Monday (you can see it here) that combined So Saffron, Pool Party and Gray Granite for a soft, sweet card. While I used a similar combination of colors today, the feeling is quite different. If you love this combination of Daffodil Delight, Balmy Blue and Crumb Cake, please save this:
Stamp Sets: Free as a Bird Papers: Graceful Glass 6″ x 6″ Designer Vellum, Daffodil Delight, Balmy Blue, Crumb Cake, Whisper White Inks: Stampin’ Blends (Pumpkin Pie, Balmy Blue, Daffodil Delight), Basic Black Accessories: 2″ Circle punch, Layering Circles Dies, Stampin’ Dimensionals
I’m so glad you stopped by and hope you like my project. I also hope you’ll continue the Be Inspired Design Team Blog Hop to see more projects that I’m sure you’ll love. The next stop is my talented friend from across The Pond, Emma Goddard. Click on the banner below to continue through the hop:
In case you get off-track at any point during the hop, here’s a listing of all the participants in this hop:
- Nadine Hößrich
- Tanya Rees
- Janneke de Jong
- Monica Gale
- Jackie Aitken
- Cathy Caines
- Manuela Geiswinkler
- Carolynn Sander
- Brian King
- Emma Goddard
- Stesha Bloodhart
I posted my 2019 Annual Catalog Product Shares this weekend – and I’d love for you to check them out. What a great way to “kick the tires” on all the wonderful, new papers, ribbons and embellishments in the new catalog!
Don’t Miss These Retiring Products. Stampin’ Up! announced the products that will retire on June 3 (or when products sell out). Please click on the picture below to read more about what’s retiring and why you have a limited time to grab up these items:A couple of weeks ago, I shared parades of prior cards with select retiring items. If you missed those posts, you can see them here:
- Select Retiring Stamp Sets (A-L) & a Parade of 46 Cards
- Select Retiring Stamp Sets (M-Z) & a Parade of 37 Cards
Placing an order today? Of course you are! If you are placing an order for $150 or more, I want you to enjoy all of the Host Rewards you have earned. If your order is less than $150, I’d love for you please add this Host Code – 3UQS9QQP – when prompted. Thank you!
Here are links to the products I used to create this project: