I’m sharing a simple card today that makes me so happy. Not only have I been chomping at the bit to play with my new Garden Wishes Bundle, but I’m in love with this panel of paper from the Dandy Garden 6″ x 6″ Designer Series Paper. This card was made with love:
- Garden Wishes & Dandy Garden. The Garden Wishes Bundle is quite an eclectic bundle – it’s a wonderful mix of vintage images and a coordinating set of dies that also work very well with a graphic, modern project. The sentiment are pretty wonderful, too! Here’s a look at the Garden Wishes Bundle: I paired my modern dandelions with a Mossy Meadow and Basic White design from the Dandy Garden 6″ x 6″ Designer Series Paper. The backdrop allows my square of dandelions to take the main stage on this card. Here’s a look at the colors and patterns in the Dandy Garden 6″ x 6″ Designer Series Paper:
- Building the Dandelion & Isolating the Sentiment. The dandelion at the center of my card is built with three coordinating dies from the Dandy Wishes Dies. I cut the stemmed dandelion into the square panel of Mossy Meadow cardstock to achieve a blue flower from the panel below. The other two dandelions are cropped from cardstock and added to the first image. This adds a little movement to the cropped dandelions. Here’s a closer look:The sentiment on my card – “made with love” – is not found in the Garden Wishes stamp set, but “made with love for a true friend is.” While I like the complete sentiment, only “made with love” would fit on my card. As such, I had to do a little isolating. Here’s how I did that:
- I placed tape over the parts of the sentiment I didn’t want to use.
- I pressed the stamp into Mossy Meadow ink (tape and all).
- I removed the tape from the sentiment and stamped the image on Thick Basic White cardstock.
- I cropped the sentiment with my Classic Label Punch.
- Color Combination. I love the mix of Basic White, Seaside Spray and Mossy Meadow. There’s something really beautiful about this soft blue with this rich green. If you like this color combination as much as I do, I hope you’ll save this for future reference:I have used this color combination a lot since Seaside Spray made its way into our lives (and will, sadly, go away soon. Here are three other examples (you can click on the photos of these projects if you’d like to see my original post for each):
Bundles: Garden Wishes Stamp Sets: Garden Wishes Papers: Dandy Garden 6″ x 6″ Designer Series Paper, Mossy Meadow, Seaside Spray, Thick Basic White Inks: Mossy Meadow Accessories: Dandy Wishes Dies, Classic Label Punch, Stampin’ Dimensionals
Thanks for stopping by today!
The Chicks are Here!
Stampin’ Up! has released two bundles that you are going to want to check out! CLICK HERE to learn more about the Hey Chick Bundle and Hey Birthday Chick Bundle – both are available today.
Placing an order today? Of course you are! If you are placing an order for $150 or more, I want you to enjoy all of the Host Rewards you have earned. If your order is less than $150, I’d love for you please add this Host Code – Q3ETY2QK – when prompted. Thank you!