It’s Memorial Day weekend in the United States. Memorial Day weekend, which falls on the last Monday of May every year, is a day to remember those who’ve died in military service to our country. It’s a day to show gratitude and give thanks to those who’ve paved the way for us. With a red, white and blue backdrop, today’s card is a thank you to those who’ve died in service to this country. Here’s my card:
Tips, Tricks and Reminders
- Patriotic Tone. This strikes a very patriotic tone. Not only do the reds, whites and blues provide a patriotic color scheme for the card, but there are other Americana elements on the card. While it is a solemn day to remember our fallen soldiers, Memorial Day is also the unofficial kickoff to Summer.
- While we typically enjoy cookouts, picnics and outdoor events during this three-day holiday weekend, many of us are staying home this Memorial Day. The blue gingham backdrop is reminiscent of a picnic blankets.
- I added three stripes of cardstock (each is 1/2″ wide) to the gingham base and snipped along the edges. While the stripes do not create a complete American flag, they certain allude to one.
- I knew I wanted to use the Starburst punch on this project but didn’t realize it would add two potential Americana elements. Not only is the pointed circle reminiscent of uniform decorations, but with the sentiment, the starburst almost looks like a winning ribbon from a county fair – maybe for the best blueberry pie? I’m not the only one who sees that, right?
- Starburst. The starburst shape plays an important part on this card. Not only does it frame the Well Said sentiment nicely, but it adds an element on intrigue to the card. While everything else on the card is so straight or so round, the points on this punch are a standout. Here’s a closer look at the role the punch plays on my card:Here’s a closer look at the Starburst Punch:This punch is retiring on June 2 (or when supplies run out). If you love this shape, then I’m certain you’ll incorporate it into your projects for years to come. Don’t miss out and then wish you’d picked it up.
- Color Combination. Crushed Curry is as close to gold as you can get without using gold. It wasn’t originally a part of my plan on this card, but I needed something shocking (but still appealing) to go with the reds, whites and blues. If you love this mix of Crushed Curry, Real Red and Blueberry Bushel as much as I do, I hope you’ll save this for future reference: The 2018-2020 In Colors (including Blueberry Bushel) are retiring on June 2 (or when supplies run out). If you love this bright blue, now is a good time to stock up on papers, ribbons and inks. CLICK HERE.
Stamp Sets: Well Said Papers: 2018-2020 In Color 6″ x 6″ Designer Series Paper, Blueberry Bushel, Real Red, Whisper White, Crushed Curry Inks: Real Red Accessories: Starburst Punch, Stampin’ Dimensionals
Thanks for stopping by today!
Shop My Retired Products. I’ve been organizing the Fungeon to get ready for all the new products I’ll be ordering from Stampin’ Up!’s 2020 Annual Catalog. As such, I listed hundreds of retired products in my online store this week – and more than half of the items were sold in one day. There are still lots of great products remaining – at discounts to help re-home them to you. ♥ CLICK HERE to read more about my Retired Shop. CLICK HERE to shop now.
Product Shares. I released my Product Shares and Designer Series Paper Swatch Books from Stampin’ Up!’s 2020 Annual Catalog this past week. If you’d like to be a part of my shares (or if you’d like to learn more), you can see the offerings here: Here’s a look at the swatch books I’m excited to make for you with the gorgeous, new papers from the 2020 Annual Catalog: To read more about my shares or to sign up, CLICK HERE.
Placing an order today? Of course you are! If you are placing an order for $150 or more, I want you to enjoy all of the Host Rewards you have earned. If your order is less than $150, I’d love for you please add this Host Code – XVS47YDB – when prompted. Thank you!